We hire the best, and you expect the best.
Northwest Tank Lines is a family owned, oil and gas transportation company operating in Western Canada and the USA. Currently we are hiring an Operations Supervisor to join our Calgary office.
In this full time Operations role, the successful applicant will be highly process driven with strong problem resolution and logistical coordination skills. Our Operations team works on a 5-day schedule which includes alternating weekend days. We work in a friendly, dynamic team environment and are searching for a progressive candidate to help grow Northwest Tank Lines through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Coordinating daily work flow for trucks, trailers, and drivers
- Managing fleet resources according to availability and schedules
- Liaising with Maintenance on coordination and planning of equipment servicing
- Planning and scheduling for plant interruptions, outages, haul diversions, holidays, etc.
- Reviewing driver documents for accuracy and approving billable & payable hours
- Reviewing dispatch schedules and plant details daily and strategically re-evaluating plans to respond to changes
- Working closely with Admin, HSE, and HR departments
- Communicating with customers and drivers to ensure optimal operations and customer satisfaction
- Site and field visits as required
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- 1-year experience in Dispatch, Operations, Logistics, or Scheduling
- Post-secondary education/training required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and computer skills
- Experience with TMW system an asset
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem resolution skills
- Aptitude to apply knowledge & experience to “see the big picture”
- Ability to work with a dynamic team, in a dynamic industry
- High level of attention to detail, with impeccable organizational abilities
- Process driven individual, who excels at executing tasks from conception through to completion
- Professional, prompt communication skills – both internal & external
- A motivated individual with an uncompromising commitment to safety
To make sure we hire and keep the best, Northwest offers competitive wages, great benefits and a professional office. If you are interested, we look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for a great career opportunity, complete the form below