In the hustle and bustle of our daily routines, it’s easy to get distracted and forget important safety procedures. Over time, we can become complacent, even when it comes to hazards we encounter every day. It happens to the best of us – no one is immune.
To help you stay on track and ensure that you’re completing all necessary procedures before leaving a plant, here are some valuable suggestions:
- Monitor Flare Stacks: Regularly check flare stacks for any signs of product flaring off, as this can be a critical safety concern.
- Create Task Lists: Keep track of which valves need to be closed at each plant by making detailed notes for yourself.
- Use Sticky Notes: Place sticky notes on valves that require closing, and remove them once the task is completed. This visual cue can be a handy reminder.
- Maintain a To-Do List: Include safety checks on your To-Do List alongside your paperwork. Review this list before every task or load.
- Personal Reminders: Consider placing a personal item on your steering wheel or in another spot you’ll notice before leaving. Removing it can serve as a physical reminder to complete your safety checks.
Changing up your routine can act as a trigger for your memory. When something is out of place, it can prompt you to remember your safety checks.
At Northwest Tank Lines, safety is a top priority, and it’s a shared responsibility among all team members. We take safety incidents very seriously and are fully committed to maintaining a safe work environment for everyone involved.
For more safety tips and information about our commitment to safety, please explore our website. Your safety matters to us, and together, we can create a safer workplace for everyone.